AIL Research Society (AILRS), is created with the objective to promote interdisciplinary research in the field of law. The purpose of the AILRS is to focus on following aspects:
- To promote authentic authorship.
- To encourage more participation of students in main-stream research.
- To promote better understanding of law and inculcate the knowledge in research.
- To improve legal writing skills.
- Identify and use primary and secondary legal authorities appropriately.
- To conduct guest lecturers and to guide students to do research in effective manner.
- Dr. Alamdeep Kaur
- Dr. Harpreet Kaur
- Ms. Shivanshi Thakur
- Kritika (1970) 5th yr
- Khushi Singh (1901) 5th yr
- Mehak Jamwal (2145)3rd yr
- Pir Jagvijay Sidhu (2354) 1st yr
GUEST LECTURE ON ‘LEGAL RESEARCH’
A guest lecture was organised under the tutelage of AIL Research Society (ARS) and the Placement Cell of AIL on 22 nd September 2022. Mr. Sumeet Malik, the Editor at SCC Online and Associate Editor at Supreme Court Cases, delivered the lecture. Ms. Nilufer Bhateja, Associate Editor and Ms. Ritu, Legal Editor accompanied him benignly for the session. Sir, shared important insights in the SCC law reports and explicated the fundamental concepts regarding legal research. The session enriched the students with exemplary analytical approach for legal research.
- GUEST LECTURE ON IMPORTANCE OF LEGAL RESEARCH AND WRITING by Dr. Virendra Kumar on 25th February, 2021.
- WEBINAR ON “RESEARCH METHODOLOGY” by Prof. Rattan Singh on 1st April, 2021.
- WEBINAR ON “ USAGE OF SINGLE USE PLASTICS ” by AIL Research Society on 26th April, 2021
ARS POSTER MAKING COMPETITION
Continuing the initiative against the use of single use plastics,the AIL Research Society organized a poster making competition on the theme "Single Use Plastic", open for students of all batches. E-posters or handmade posters were invited and the students were given a time period of 10 days to make submissions, the deadline being 14th May. Out of 8 entries, Yuvraj Singh (1747) from the fourth year of B.A. LL.B. program has been adjudged as the winner of the competition. Congratulations to the winner and best wishes to all participants.
ARS ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION
Concluding the chain of events under the initiative against the use of single use plastics, the AIL Research Society organized an article writing competition on the theme "Single Use Plastic", open for freshmen from B.A.LL.B. program and all students from LL.M. program. Write-ups were invited via emails and the students were given a time period of 10 days to make submissions, the deadline being 31st of May, 2021. Out of 5 eloquently written entries, Sakshi Narwal (2001) from the first year of B.A. LL.B. program has been adjudged as the winner of the competition on 3rd June, 2021.Congratulations to the winner and best wishes to all participants.